Friday, May 18, 2007

My First One!


This is my first post! Woo Hoo! It's really late and I am up talking to a friend on MSN and checking my facebook. Athaliah is sound asleep and Damien is next to me almost snoring. Laptops are great for sitting in bed and writing. I think the best at night. You know how people say that their best thoughts come while they are on the toilet? Nope, not me. Right here, in bed, late at night...this is where my best thinking comes. I get a chance to reflect on the events of the day, reflect on things people have said to me and things I have said in return; I love unwinding and thinking about what I would have done differently that day, what I should have worn, how I could have done my hair (I love thinking of new ways to put it up) and I love simple things at night. Everything is quieter at night. Not as many cars, people are sleeping, The air is cool and fresh...

I especially love warm summer evenings. For some reason they remind me of trips with my family to B.C and hanging out with my aunts and uncles and cousins in Kamloops. Damien said something not too long ago that is very true: I can take almost anything and it will remind me of something about my childhood. Yes, a lot does remind me of those days because those days were very good. I had a crazy happy childhood and I am proud of this, so every so often you will notice me going back there...it doesn't take me much. But the night time air does smell so deliciously sweet doesn't it? Is it because all the cars are asleep in their garages and the smell of nature is allowed to press through finally? If it smells so good now, think of Eden. How wonderful those plants and flowers would have smelled...unharmed by pollution and other bad things. Aw man, the grass would be a colour of green we cannot imagine and the dirt would be so rich we would be proud to come from it's dust. The fruit and everything they ate would be so full of flavour we would easily stuff ourselves full of it all. And to think we could have a perfect relationship with the one who created it all. The one who would taste sweeter than the fruit he created. And one day...I'll be back there...with Him...my creator. This reminds me of something from my childhood...KIDDING, kidding. But it could if I thought about it more...haha.

So lately I have been feeling so close to Jesus and I have barely slowed down long enough to speak with him. But for some reason, at this time, that is okay. I feel his presence a lot...even right now as I write. I feel like everytime I begin to think about him, this door opens and his presence comes upon me and it almost makes me sleepy. I guess it's just this overwhelming peace. And I love when I look into my daughter's eyes because frequently I see him inside of her...glowing and full of energy...but not tiresome energy...it's more like purity and joy. Yeah. Joy. And I can see her soul is so pure. I love that word: pure.

Anyway, I hope all who read find encouragement and whatever else they need. I love poetry and I love to write it...so don't be surprised to see lots on here.

So here we go!

Love, Erin


No comments: