Monday, March 30, 2009

A Wake Up Call

Passion is growing, taking over every part of me, running my senses into overdrive.
I see their tears and how their spirits have been broken. I have to help them. I have to try.
I hear their cries and I cry with them, I hear their stories; I want to fight for their freedom.
I feel the urge to drop everything and hold them in my arms. Take them home and help heal them.
I feel angry at the evil that overtakes what we think are good people, and steals the little ones’ security.
How could they rob them of everything that was supposed to be safe and with it, steal their purity?
My compassion overwhelms me and gets hold of every area that ever went cold and hard.
What gives me the right to sit here or watch the TV while their souls are being scarred?

God, wake up the earth to SEE what is happening in our backyards and in the streets!
What has happened to our morals, our judgement? Why is even noticing this such a hard feat?
The people we think are great neighbours are the ones that could be causing the pain!
Why is this not coming to the surface, or not being talked about as if it’s just a little stain?
Why is it the “Elephant in the Room” that no one wants to acknowledge but knows it really should be?
And why are we walking with our noses in the air stating, “It’s not my responsibility?”
How can we watch their tears turn into sobs without ever lifting a finger, or crying out for their little hearts?
I hate sitting here as guilty as the next one, knowing I haven’t done much to fill in for my part.

Guys, we can do this! A difference can be made. Change can really happen; we just have to do it!
Let’s talk about it, let’s fight for them, let’s pray, let’s go, let’s do, let’s love, let’s no longer sit.
Where is your heart? Where are your morals? Where is your conscience to do what is is RIGHT?!?!?
Where is your love? Where is your soul, your spirit, your desire to fight?!?!?
Pick up your sword and learn quickly how to swing. Hold your shield properly and learn how to defend.
Stand tight as a unit; Impenetrable; no gaps. Evil will try to break us but if we’re fervent, we’ll never bend.
I don’t care what you personally believe, because we ALL know right from wrong.
For once let us stand firm together; the weak ones being protected by the strong.

-Erin Bareham
(In Regards to the exploitation of little ones)



No comments: